The best place to see our current campaigns is in News.
TTK is a member of The Climate Coalition, sends a representative to their meetings, passes on their news and actions in Kingston Environment News, and we have joined in their Show the Love days in February . The TTC ethos of "showing our love for all the things we want to protect from climate change, and to ask politicians to put aside their differences and commit to doing whatever is necessary to protect them" sits well with TTK's.
We have demonstrated on climate together, and individually many of us join in active campaigns such as XR, and contact our councillors and MPs* about green issues such as trees and conservation, Heathrow expansion, air pollution...
Locally we supported the TOPO campaign to conserve at least part of the listed buildings for community use, and in 2019 organised an open letter to Cllr Hilary Gander in support of her proposal of a Climate Emergency Declaration in Kingston.
* Writing to MPS and councillors – general advice
- Be polite and use evidence where possible
- Use your own words – politicians respond better to personal communications than to standard letters, post-cards or petitions, and will usually assume that yours is the tip of an iceberg, that there are many other voters who agree with you.
- Ask a question or two that they will be obliged to answer and perhaps to research (e g, by contacting the relevant government Minister or Council officer).
- Type in your postcode on https://www.writetothem.com/ to find contact details for your ward councillors, your London Assembly members, your MP, and your MEPs