CVA’s mission statement focuses the organisation on “promoting, supporting and developing effective voluntary action, community development and community activity for the benefit of the whole community within the London Borough of Croydon”.
Our project work is underpinned by the funding committed by Croydon Council to support our community empowerment, volunteering and capacity building activities. With support from the Council and other local partners we leverage funding into the borough to help us promote and sustain Croydon’s voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations (VCS) by:
- Acting as the Voice of Croydon’s VCS - Articulating VCS interests and supporting VCS representatives in local decision-making
- Working in Partnership - Connecting VCS groups up to improve service delivery and access funding opportunities
- Organisational Development - Supporting our member organisations to maximise their effectiveness
- Volunteering – Providing Croydon’s volunteer brokerage service
- Community empowerment – tackling inequalities and social isolation
This year we focused our efforts on fundraising to support the VCS working in partnership to deliver key services; on building communities from the bottom-up to promote the VCS ethos of self-help and local decision-making; and on bringing volunteering into the mainstream of Croydon life. Read on to find out more about our impact in 2014/15....
Thanks to our funders