About the Philosophy Café
What is Kingston Philosophy Café?
Kingston Philosophy Café is open to everyone interested in philosophy. Our objectives are
- to encourage philosophical debate between professional and non-professional philosophers in a non-technical way
- to provide a forum for an active exchange of ideas and information at meetings and though the the discussion and blog pages on our website
- to use our website to provide information about literature and courses relevant to philosophy
- to inspire those interested in philosophy to develop their interest further
- To hold two meetings each month in a variety of formats led by members or by visiting speakers
Kingston Philosophy Café is an independent non-profit organisation. Meetings are free to attend but contributions to help meet occasional expenses are welcomed. We have a Constitution and we maintain a small Fund.
You can read more about the ideas behind philosophy cafés here