About the Philosophy Café
What is Kingston Philosophy Cafe?
Kingston Philosophy Cafe is open to everyone interested in philosophy. Our objectives are
- to encourage philosophical debate between professional and non-professional philosophers in a non-technical way
- to provide a forum for an active exchange of ideas and information at meetings and though the the discussion and blog pages on our website
- to use our website to provide information about literature and courses relevant to philosophy
- to inspire those interested in philosophy to develop their interest further
- To hold two meetings each month in a variety of formats to led by members or by visiting speakers
- To provide a regular bulletin with full details of our current activities
Kingston Philosophy Cafe is an independent non-profit organisation. Meetings are free to attend but contributions to help meet occasional expenses are welcomed. We have a Constitution and we maintain a small Fund.
You can read more about the ideas behind philosophy cafes here and here.
The Café benefits from the support of Kingston Adult Education.
Join our Website to receive monthly updates about philosophical events in Kingston and beyond.