The Clevedon and District Archaeological Society was founded in the 1920s with the aim of promoting local amateur archaeological interest and learning. It provides a Winter Programme of evening talks, a Spring Archaeology Course (subject to demand), a five-day Summer Study Tour, arranges various day trips to places of interest and disseminates information received from other local and regional archaeological groups.
The Society is affilited to the Council of British Archaeology (CBA), CBA South West Region, Avon Local History Association (AHLA), Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society (SAHNS) and the British Association of Local History (BALH). The CLEAT (Clevedon & Environs Archaeology Team) engages in field archaeological projects in the local area.
Our Logo is the torque terminal found in Clevedon sometime before 1897 and which is now in the British Museum.
Our next Summer Study Tour to Yorkshire, taking place from the 14th to 18th August 2017 is now fully booked (see "News" for more information, when available).
The 2017/8 Winter Programme of evening talks will commence at 07.30 pm on the 28th September 2017 (see "Programme") and will be held in the Walters Lounge, St Andrews Church Centre, Old Church Road (turn left just before the church car park and the entrance is on the left).
New members and visitors are most welcome. The current annual subscription is £15 and the visitors fee is either £5 (Adult) or 50p (Junior).
Details of any non-programmed events will be highlighted on the "News" page.
St. Andrews Church
Old Church Road