- PARKING PASS RENEWAL: Parking pass fees are up for renewal by the end of November 2020 and will be at an increased cost of £5 per year. If you'd like the use of a pass, please give your £5 to a committee member if possible, or place the money in our post box (with your name and plot number) and let us know that it's there. We can then let you have the new combination for the box from December 1st.
- WATER UPDATE: To protect the system over winter, the water will be switched off during w/c 16th November 2020. Please makesure taps are switched off and hoses disconnected. Water barrels are available around the community hut
- WOODCHIP AVAILABLE: Free woodchip is available on the hardstanding at the Mereway Orchard - help yourselves
- PETTY THEFTS: Unfortunately, we’re continuing to receive reports of items such as tools, compost and plants going missing from plots - Please make sure where you can you secure your belongings out of sight, be vigilant and always ensure that the site gates are locked
- COVID-19 - Guidance
Please wear gloves and continue to keep at least 2 metres away from other people – more is better! Remember the virus can be spread by contact from surfaces so if you touch something like a gate, padlock or tool touched by someone else, wash your hands with soap and water (even if cold) or use a proper hand sanitiser.
Council guidance here :- https://www.richmond.gov.uk/services/parks_and_open_spaces/allotments/covid_19_guidance_for_allotments.
NON-COMPOSTABLE GREEN WASTE: We kindly request that you dispose of your non-compostable materials yourself. Please also ensure that you don’t put non-compostable material such as couch grass, bindweed and diseased greenery in the communal compost bins as it makes the compost unusable.
- CPZ PERMIT UPDATE - If you wish to use one of our parking permits, please contribute £3 to cover their use - you can give your money to a member of the committee or leave it in the community hut in an envelope with your name on it and let us know it's there. You'll then be provided with the code for the box.
Our allotments in Twickenham are close to the River Crane and Kneller Gardens.
The Briar Road Allotments Holders Association committee meets once a month and organises events that raise money for the maintenance of our communal hut and projects that benefit the plot holders.