Bradenham is a village just off the A4010 between High Wycombe and Princes Risborough. The village name is Anglo-Saxon and means 'broad enclosure' referring to the fact that the village sits in a broad valley among the surrounding Chiltern Hills. It was mentioned in the 1086 Doomsday book as Bradeham. Since 1956 nearly the whole village has been owned by the National Trust. Bradenham Manor dominates the village green with its cricket pitch. St Botolph's Parish Church sits over looking the mainly brick and flint buildings in the village. The church 's ancient south door is at least early Norman and probably late Saxon. The church was restored between 1863 and 1868 by G.E Street, the fashionable mid-victorian restorer.
The civil parish of Bradenham also encompasses part of Walter's Ash further up the hill.