Last year an arrangement was made to take surplus allotment produce to St Oswald's community kitchen. This year they would still appreciate anything we can donate.
The kitchen now only runs every 2 weeks.
Allotment members can either drop off produce directly to St Oswald's church hall between 11.30am-1.00pm on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month or leave on the allotment produce table for Victoria Mannion (plot 8) to deliver on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month:
Mon 23rd August
Mon 13th and 27th September
Mon 11th and 25th October
Mon 15th and 29th November
Produce must be fresh - just one request - no marrows please!
Hence from Monday the 2nd August 2021 - the new procedure will be that the main gate should be locked after entry and exit.
If you see any evidence of Badger baiting or acts of poisoning etc, please let a committee members know.
The committee requests as follows:
- As per the tenancy agreement plot holders should use the water from their own collected stores in their water butts before accessing the standpipes
- The large containers by the shop and community hut (currently empty) are for the general use of any plot holder, again once their own stores are depleted
- No more than two watering cans to be filled by any plot holder at a time. This will allow others to fill their cans and to allow the pressure to equalise where possible. THIS MEANS NO PERSONS TO BE FILLING CANS AT THE STANDPIPES WHILST SOMEONE ELSE EMPTIES THEM OR PEOPLE ACTING IN RELAYS THUS MONOPOLISING A PARTICULAR STANDPIPE
- To avoid wastage of water by just throwing it around, water should only be applied via watering cans not bins or buckets, thus allowing it to be directed onto plants
- Standpipes are not to be used for filling up water butts under any circumstances
- Going forward, and probably too late for this season, the committee will look into replacing the waterpipes that cross the site with a wider bore pipe to increase the pressure at the standpipes
- The pedestrian gates will be wired open and left open for the duration of the current situation
- The main gate should be locked after entry and exit
- No more than 2 persons working per plot
- The 2 persons should be family related
- Do not approach another plot owner nearer than 2 metres or 7 feet
- Orders will only be accepted via email@example.com
- Orders will be supplied on a Saturday (if the demand is large - we will look at adding extra days)
- Orders unable to be delivered on the nearest Saturday - will be rolled over to the next delivery day
- Orders will be delivered to your plot entrance. 2 metre distance gap should be strictly adhered to
- Payment to be via the AAA account or by giving the exact money (no change will be given) - Order will be placed at the your gate, please take the goods and leave the payment in its place