Ashbourne Allotments are sited at Watery Lane, Ashbourne in Derbyshire. The allotments began life in March of 2011. The land originally belonged to Nestlé who sold it to Derbyshire Dales District Council with a covenant for agricultural use only. Derbyshire Dales Council lease the land to the Ashbourne Allotments Association. The aim of the Ashbourne Allotment Association is to make vegetable growing a family experience. The site presently accommodates 113 plots.
Most plots are nominally 100 square metres in size. There are taps situated around the site but are to be used for filling waterering cans only. Using a hose is strictly forbidden. There are no toilet facilities on site.
- Join the 'Ashbourne Allotments Derbyshire' Facebook page!
- The Community Shed is available for any member who wishes to use it. Please contact a committee member to book
- Our own Nigel Coe has won the British Gladiolus Society's National Championship - read about it here
- Main gate procedure - find it here
- Potato blight - latest information is here
- Badgers - latest information is here, now with official DDDC letter
- Water Usage - latest information is here
- Fires are allowed for burning allotment waste only. Fires can be held on your plot from the 1st October to 31st March. Please be considerate to other plot holders and refrain from holding a fire if the wind is blowing towards other plots