Ashbourne Allotments are sited at Watery Lane, Ashbourne in Derbyshire. The allotments began life in March of 2011. The land originally belonged to Nestlé who sold it with a covenant to Derbyshire Dales District Council for agricultural use only. Derbyshire Dales Council lease the land to the Ashbourne Allotments Association. The aim of the Ashbourne Allotment Association is to make vegetable growing a family experience. The site presently accommodates 113 plots.
Most plots are nominally 100 square metres in size. There are taps situated around the site but are to be used for filling waterering cans only. Using a hose is strictly forbidden. There are no toilet facilities on site.
- Water Usage - latest information is here
- CORONAVIRUS - latest information is here
- Plot Buddies - if anyone who is in self isolation or in a vulnerable category would like any help to keep their plot in good shape until things settle down, please email email@example.com
- The new Site Shop has gone well, the goods we stock is now listed - see AAA Shop
- Fires are allowed for burning allotment waste only. Fires can be held on your plot from the 1st October to 31st March. Please be considerate to other plot holders and refrain from holding a fire if the wind is blowing towards other plots.
- Some compost is still available for sale to AAA members. Pricing is available on application via our website or ask a committee member. The compost is to be used on site only and not removed from site.