Ashbourne Allotments are sited at Watery Lane, Ashbourne in Derbyshire. The allotments began life in March of 2011. The land originally belonged to Nestlé who sold it with a covenant to Derbyshire Dales District Council for agricultural use only. Derbyshire Dales Council lease the land to the Ashbourne Allotments Association. The aim of the Ashbourne Allotment Association is to make vegetable growing a family experience. The site presently accommodates 113 plots.
Most plots are nominally 100 square metres in size. There are taps situated around the site but are to be used for filling waterering cans only. Using a hose is strictly forbidden. There are no toilet facilities on site.
- The shop will open in early March
- The 2022 shop price list is available here
- New main gate procedure - find it here
- Potato blight - latest information is here
- Badgers - latest information is here, now with official DDDC letter
- Water Usage - latest information is here
- CORONAVIRUS - latest information is here
- Fires are allowed for burning allotment waste only. Fires can be held on your plot from the 1st October to 31st March. Please be considerate to other plot holders and refrain from holding a fire if the wind is blowing towards other plots