Posted by gods_child on

hi Joe and others

i have noted that the received email contains;

1. the e-voice logo
  2. the e-voice email address

i guess this query is three[3] fold;

1. can we change the e-voice logo to our own logos or would you have to do that for us
  2. can we change the email to the senders email to prevent accidental return to e-voice causing [Data protection violations] and spamming your inbox
  3. can it be set to automatically add the email address that the sender added to the form

are these...??

1. already in place
  2. on the very long todo list
  3. not able to be implemented

thank you kindly

Posted by Joe Oldak on

I assume you mean emails from the Email Contact Form includelet.

These do have the Voice logo and footer, and no this can't be changed (though I'm not sure why it would be useful to change it, as presumably the email is to you and so knowing it comes from Voice is good?). The email also includes the person's name and email address and whatever they entered on the form.

Emails need to come from an @e-voice.org.uk address - if we set the From address to the person filling in the form it would fail to send as it'd look like we were spamming.

However, we do set the "reply to" address to that given on the form, so if you click reply then it'll go to them and not back to Voice.

Hope that helps!

Joe

Posted by gods_child on

as always thank you

yes that is correct via the includelet

my reason was and now past tense, for those that help monitor the emails would be less confused by it, that said i can give them the knowledge you have given me, and that it is ok to click reply to those emails

and also was thinking that replying would spam your inbox

you are a star

could the reply debacle i faced please be updated on https://e-voice.org.uk/documentation/cms/includelets/ page to include "we do set the "reply to" address to that given on the form, so if you click reply then it'll go to them and not back to Voice."

kindest regards