The club was formed in 1978 by keen tennis players from the village and surrounding area.
The courts were constructed by Doe’s of Fyfield following a successful Appeals Fund.
The land was made available on a rolling lease. 
Initially the club was linked with the LTA, but membership was later relinquished.

The courts were resurfaced in 2001 and again in 2019 with colour spray completing the work in May 2020.
The benches by the tennis courts were donated by Bob & Joy Beeston's family.

We share the pavillion with the other village sports clubs. 
We pay an annual subscription to the Playing Fields Management Committee (PFMC)
which contributes to the upkeep of the fields and the pavillion. 


Resurfacing Project
The courts were resurfaced in 2019 and completed with the colour spray in May 2020.
The resurfacing in 2019 was funded by

Member subscriptions £8,000
Essex County Council Community Initiatives Fund £7,000
Epping Forest District Council Grant £5,000
Roydon Parish Council Grant £5,000



HANNAH SCOTT 1931 - 2020
She was a driving force in the founding of the tennis club and getting the tennis courts built.
She was our Honorary Chairman for several years.
Hannah lit up any gathering and club sessions were no exception.
She always had a story and told it so well.
She welcomed us all to Monday club sessions and set the standard for "social tennis".
She continued to play as her abilites declined and we enjoyed the challenge of returning balls so she had a chance to unleash one of her wicked cross court shots.
Her humour never failed and we treasure our memories of the time spent with her.