Rules and Regulations – as set out in the Constitution
1 Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the Club will be:
- To promote the Club within the local community.
- To facilitate access to regular Assisted Swimming sessions at Egham Orbit, within the designated swimming areas.
- To communicate to the Club members in order to manage the organisation of the session(s) by providing assisted transport and volunteer assistants to help in all manner of duties; including allocation of changing facilities, use of the hoist, help with wheelchairs, changing and swimming support as agreed, during the Assisted Swim session at Egham Orbit pool.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the Club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
(a) Membership of the Club is open to anyone interested in promoting, volunteering or participating in the Assisted Swim Session regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs.
(b) The membership shall consist of the following categories:
- Full member
- Volunteer Member
- Associate Member (Guest)
- Temporary Member (Agreed limited timescale)
(c) All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining any session managed by the Club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the Club has adopted.
(d) Volunteer Members must be cleared by the DBS checking process or legal equivalent at that time. This DBS check must be kept valid and updated.
(e) Members in each category will pay membership fees, as determined at the Annual General Meeting.
3 Sports Equity
(a) The Club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
(b) The Club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
(c) All Club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
(d) The Club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to Club disciplinary procedures.