Made by Hill in 1843, the organ was moved from the gallery to the east end of the south aisle in 1887.
At a service in celebration that year, it was played by Dr Bridge, Organist of Westminster Abbey. The preacher was Dean Farrar (then Archdeacon of Westminster).
In 1977 dry rot caused the organ to be removed. The appearance of the church was so much improved that it was decided to move the instrument back to the west end of the nave where it can be seen in the picture, below the fine timbered ceiling with heraldic shields. In 2018 it became apparent that this organ had reached the end of its life.
This original organ was finally replaced in 2024-2025, for full details of the project, click on the links below. Also included are links to three YouTube videos featuring performances on the newly restored organ.