Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi all,

I've made a change that makes it super-easy to alter the spacing around includelets, and added a help sheet about how to use the Background Begin/End includelets with this new spacing setting, to make nicely sectioned pages, such as this, or this, or indeed this.

The help sheet is here in the documentation.

I'd be really happy if a few people could have a look at the help sheet and try it out, and pass on feedback about whether it makes sense, or if you get stuck, so I know if the help sheet is useful! You can try it on the test site, or on a random page of your site - it doesn't need to be your site's homepage (though, if it is, all the better!).

Perhaps you could also try out the Carousel, Accordion, or Grid includelet on a sectioned page too, so as to try out two help sheets at once!

All feedback is welcome, whether good or bad!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by GrahamShort on

The one thing that looked wrong to me when I tried a background colour for my calendar includelet is that the border colour extends further left and right than the navigation which looks wrong to me. I've put it on my home page:

https://e-voice.org.uk/bedfordmodernsingers/

for now but I don't actually like the affect. 

As you know, though, I'm a big fan of accordions !

Graham

Posted by GrahamShort on

I should point out that this is most obvious when you view the site on a wide screen like a laptop display.

G.

Posted by GrahamShort on

Actually, looking at Centre 70 and Bromley Well more closely, I see that their navigation bar actually extends to the left and right margins of the display. That may be what I want.

G.

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the feedback!

The intention is very much that the bacground image/colour does extend right to the edge of the browser, though yes you're right that on a theme where the navbar doesn't do likewise it doesn't match up.

That said, the general plan is to retire the Modern theme that you're using, and get everyone over to one of the others. I've generally been recommending Fresh as a good starting point (and this is now default for new sites), though you may prefer the configurability of Bootstrap, or the readability of Clarity.

If you feel that there's something that Modern offers that none of the others can provide, then I would certainly consider adding a "New Modern" theme, or making changes to one of the others.

Do experiment with other themes on the test site, and see how you get on! :-)

Thanks

Joe

Posted by GrahamShort on

I've gone with Bootstrap as the options to fiddle are definitely up my street. So now I have a wide navbar, thanks for the pointer. I quite like the new look, although Modern satisfied my fuddy duddy side :-)

There is one other thing that I've noticed with accordion that I would like to mention. Some of my titles are long and depending on the display width you can get the title of the accordion overlapping the ">" (right arrow) expander. This seems to mostly work but I definitely see times when they clash. I would send you a screen shot if I knew how to add a picture in these forum posts.

G.

Posted by GrahamShort on

I think I have another minor issue. I've tweaked one of my Accordion includelets to be a Carosel. I now seem to have a small circular button that does nothing at the end of this page. If you look at 

https://e-voice.org.uk/bedfordmodernsingers/archives/

and scroll right to the bottom it's just above the footer on the RHS. I don't believe that I'm (knowingly) generating this. 

Graham

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Graham,

If you have a screenshot of where the arrow is overlapping the header then you can email it over to admin@e-voice.org.uk and I'll have a look.

And the circle will suddenly make a lot more sense if you add more items to the carousel! See the example on the help sheet.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by GrahamShort on

I've emailed you a couple of screen shots of the overlap issue. 

For the circle issue, I can be an idiot at time. I don't need a carousel for this item.

Thanks as always.

Graham

Posted by Joe Oldak on

I've now fixed the problem of the title sometimes overlapping the arrow in the accordion.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by GrahamShort on

Yep, looks good. Thanks again Joe