4: Re: FAQs Revamp (response to 3)
Posted by JoMaye on

Interesting idea. So... I've had a play!

By add the question and answer as a child page and then setting "Item display mode" to full, I can include links but this means I need to include the question in the content of the page, not just as the title. I think that would be a problem for however an accordion was set up.

I can add the question and answer as "Other" which is what I think I would need to do to make it work as an accordion but I think the inability to include paragraphs and links would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm happy enough to put it all on one page, it was just a thought!

5: Re: FAQs Revamp (response to 4)
Posted by Joe Oldak on

Yeah adding them as "other" was what I had in mind, with the Title being the question and Description the answer. You can see that this makes a nice List Group type box at the moment, and having an Accordion option would be a nice extra display mode.

Though, as you say, the fact that you can't use paragraphs/links/styling in the description part is a bit of a sticking point.

Using a separate page for each and then using the 'full' display mode will also have the problem of the content existing in a different place to where you want users to view it (so a search would likely show up the individual question/answer pages rather than the one page with all the QAs on it - not ideal!)

One different solution would be to have a dedicated Accordion includelet rather than squishing it into an existing one.

Another would be to adapt the existing Slider includelet into a sort of "Slider or Accordion" includelet. This already lets you create a list of items with an image and a wysiwyg description, so all that would be needed would be a new display mode and an update of the appropriate includelet name and documentation etc. (and to make the image for each item optional)

So do have a quick play with the Slider, but imagine that each item was a QA rather than an image with description, and see what you think! :-)

Cheers

Joe