Posted by Sorrel Parsons on

Hi Lisa,

Have you tried to log in to your Voice address too at https://e-voice.org.uk/charndon-parish/ rather than using your existing domain name? I sometimes find that when there are problems with domains the platform address is the one to use as it exists regardless.

Not sure if that helps but worth a try!

Sorrel

Posted by Lisa Wilkinson on

I managed to get in but it's gone again.  I have never usually had trouble with this website until the last week.  Is there something someone can do or take a look at it please?  

Posted by Joe Oldak on

The domain name isn't set up correctly, it's still pointing to the names.co.uk forwarding service.

It needs to have an A record set up for IP address 83.136.248.56 and references to the forwarding service removed.

Once done (and after several hours of waiting for the DNS system to update) it'll all work perfectly.

In the meantime you can use the e-voice URL as suggested to add new content.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Hi,

Is that something that needs doing again in Names as they said they had coorected this?  

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Yes - currently there's an A record for the domain pointing to 85.233.160.22, which is the names.co.uk forwarding service. It needs to be changed to 83.136.248.56 which is e-voice.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Names response and I have also checked myself:

I have checked the DNS and can only see the following two records.

Type: A
Hostname: @
Result: 83.136.248.56

Type: A
Hostname: www
Result: 83.136.248.56

There are no references to the forwarding server in here and having used a DNS checker, it has all propagated correctly.

Joe,

Did you get my email about the website?  Please can you arrange for the website at Home - Charndon Parish Council to be removed, and ideally that web address redirected to as per email