Posted by Alan-Parry (Euphonix Admin). on

I manage the website for a local choir, and I have about 90 people who have opted into receiving email notifications.  The majority of the membership receive notifications when entries are made to things like blogs or the Noticeboard.  It is a decent information tool to get messages out to our members.  However, I occasionally get reports that some people are not receiving the email notifications.  I suspect it may be the algorithms used by the likes of Yahoo, AOL, Gmail and other companies in an attempt to stop phishing emails being received.  The non-receipt of emails seem to be random (I'm trying to help someone who was in receipt of email notifications in January this year and then they suddenly stopped).   Has anyone else  experienced similar problems, and if so can you offer any advice?

2: Re: Email notifications. (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

Hi Alan,

If you let me know, at admin@e-voice.org.uk which email addresses are currently failing to receive then I'll check in the server logs to ensure that they sent correctly.

Thanks

Joe

3: Re: Email notifications. (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

I've made a change that should fix a problem that was affecting some emails to some domains. In particular yahoo, aol, and sky email addresses were sometimes failing to send, but are now working fine.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin