Blackhall Horticultural Society

The Blackhall Horticultural Society, which was formed in 1952, meets at Blackhall St. Columba's Church, Edinburgh. We are a group of amateurs who all wish to learn that little bit more, and locally we are known as 'the horti'. We are the main gardening club in North West Edinburgh. Our activities include monthly meetings from September  to May, an Annual Plant Sale in May, and a range of summer garden visits.

The Society is lead by our President, Steve Barton, who has been involved with 'the horti' for just under twenty years. 

We have two Hon Presidents - William F. Murray SHM, who has been involved with 'the horti' for over fifty years as well as being a world renowned expert on Gladioli; and John MacLennan MCIHORT, who has been involved with 'the horti' over forty years and has a regular involvement with Keep Scotland Beautiful as a judge and assessor.

As well as this basic web page the Society has a page on Facebook.

If you would like more information please just e mail us.

Contact Information

Small Map

Blackhall Horticultural Society
c/o Blackhall St. Columba's Church
Columba Road