Garden Committee update
We need to keep the new hedges, planted last December, well-watered. It was VERY DRY in March and April, so we need your help. They need to be watered at the roots, and preferably when not in full sun. Twice a week when it's dry would be great!
The Garden Committee has been trying to sort out watering so that no-one has too much. Here's what we think residents could do. Please let us know if anything isn't clear; have any hedges been left out?
Trees: see Derek Hooper's recent message.
Grand Avenue Path:
· Nikki Ishida
· Pittosporum along the border of Avebury and up to the back door of Avebury; the three magnolias in the border and the sarcococca hedge around the white wall at the top - Val and Dave Richards, every Saturday evening.
· Pittosporum hedge round the entrance to 3 Roseneath, and along into the square, turning left, up to the basement entrance - Steph Kramer and Ed Irwin
· Swale and willow tree – Yvonne Packer and Waveney Harries
· Pittosporum all along the Rose borders, either side of the gate and around the Sales suite wall - Kirsten Austin
· Yew hedge at the side of and in front of 4 Roseneath - Oliver Greenwood
· Yew hedge in front of 2 Roseneath and all the way along the swale and down to the gate - Louise Spitz
· Pittosporum along front border of Avebury and around the corner to the entrance to the Main Square - Robin and Richard Chapman (NL)
· All new trees in front of Norton Lees - Robin and Richard Chapman (NL)
· Pittosporum around 1 Clarke Mansions and plants in east border of Square - Jan Potter
· Pittosporum to the right (facing Clarke) and across the road, under the staircase in front of the houses - Peter Morley
· Outside Evelyn and in front of houses 11 - 19 Marwood Square – Elisabetta Saura
· Outside houses 1 -9 Marwood Square and in front of Blomfield - Martin Sutton
· Tricia Ward
· Derek Hooper
· Anita Nielsen
If you have difficulty recognising any of the hedging, here is a guide:
pittosporum (golf ball) pittosporum (gold star) sarcococca
Guide for watering trees: find the irrigation tube and put your hose down it for 20 – 30 mins
irrigation tube with grid irrigation tube hose down tube
And please use this if your hose crosses a path:
Thank you for all your help!