THE TATSFIELD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP
(For the latest minutes, see the tab on the left)
General comments about the Neighbourhood Plan can be emailed to:
When making a comment, please indicate whereabouts in the parish you live. All comments will be circulated to members of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and will not be personalised if published on the website.
Topic Groups - Our topic groups cover
- Housing and Planning looking at the location and range of housing we need to plan for to meet the needs of the current and future community. The team is looking at areas such as the mix of housing to meet the needs of older residents for down-sizing, younger residents looking for their first home, and affordable housing for lower income earners; and has invited land owners in the parish to offer potential plots they would like to be considered for development (see above).
- Community Facilities (Sports, recreational, school, police, church, Village Hall, clubs, village amenities etc) looking at how we maintain and enhance recreational, cultural, religious and charitable activities. The team is also looking at protecting and expanding the acquisition of community assets such as woodlands, meadows, sports grounds etc, supporting community energy projects and the provision of vibrant local sporting facilities
- Local Economy (Local businesses, shops and services) looking at how we support local business and promote opportunities for local employment.
- Built and Natural Environment looking at the planning system to achieve high-quality design, sustainability, consistent with the established character of the village and landscaped in a way that is consistent with our rural aspect - while looking at how we protect and enhance the environment, woodlands, meadows, landscapes, open views (our Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), bio-diversity and wildlife and how we preserve the historic heritage and environment of the village.
- Travel and Infrastructure (e.g. travel and transport - roads, parking, digital economy, information and communication) looking at how we improve local roads, public transport, utilities, drainage, digital connectivity, as well as the safety of pedestrians, cyclists and other traffic. The team is also looking at how we improve the availability of parking in the village, improve facilities for people with disabilities.