COVID-19 Update 12th September 2020
Update on Tamworth AC COVID-19 Response 12/09/2020
Following yesterday’s confirmation that there have been no changes to the guidance from England Athletics, we are pleased to confirm the latest arrangements and restrictions in place at the club.
With immediate effect the following measures will be in place at the club (text highlighted in bold indicates changes agreed at the Tamworth AC Committee on Monday 7th September):
- Access to the stadium is limited to
- club coaches and accompanying training groups of up to 12 athletes at a time; AND
- member athletes over 18 years of age to train alone (provided they are a keyholder OR have made suitable arrangements with a keyholder for access to the stadium)
- All users of the facilities will be expected to adhere to all relevant guidelines and safe practices (including social distancing and use of hand sanitisers and cleaning equipment provided by the club)
- There is no limit on the total number of coaches/athletes allowed to train within the stadium at any one time (other than the restrictions above)
- Prior to training at the stadium, all coaches and athletes must have:
- read and agreed to the club’s COVID-19 terms & conditions*
- registered on the training rota* for the specific times they will attend
- purchased a training pass* (annual or multi-session)
*for terms & conditions, training rota bookings and training pass, please speak to a club coach or official
- Training with jumps equipment is limited to one athlete and one coach per two hour booked session (to incorporate a one-hour jump activity with 30 minutes before and after for disinfecting equipment; particularly the high jump/pole vault bed)
- Non-athlete/coach/officials should not visit the stadium unless reasonably necessary, e.g. parents/guardians who accompany junior athletes (in these cases we ask that no more than one other person per young athlete attends the stadium and only for the duration of their training session)
- The clubhouse will be accessible for use of the toilets. Accompanying parents/guardians will also be able to access the clubhouse in adverse weather conditions and will be required to wear appropriate face coverings whilst indoors (unless exempt under Government guidelines). No other facilities (e.g. front desk, tuck shop) will be open in the clubhouse
- New membership applications will be considered but only approved where a suitable lead coach is able and agrees to accommodate the athlete into their training group. Waiting lists may be established if required to manage demand.
- Academy training for junior athletes is planned to restart on Sunday mornings from 4th October. This will be on a trial basis at first with strictly limited numbers and restrictions in place. Further details will follow separately in due course.
- The club will be trialling a cashless payment terminal to support the resumption of Academy. We will otherwise maintain the system of electronic pre-payment for training. We have a new aim to avoid handling cash in future.
Thank you as always for your continued understanding and support during these difficult times. We are continually reviewing all regulations and guidance from Government and England Athletics, and implementing changes only when we are absolutely confident that it is safe to do so.
The health, safety and wellbeing of everybody at the club has and always will be our priority.