Updated 12 September 2020
See News article here
Updated 09 September 2020
The Tamworth AC Committee met on Monday 7th September and agreed some changes to the current arrangements we have in place at the club.
However, in light of the announcement expected from Government today we will delay the roll-out of these changes until we have reviewed any updated guidance that may follow from England Athletics.
A further update from the club will then be made as soon as possible.
We appreciate that this remains an extremely challenging time for everyone and thank you for your continued understanding and support.
Our previous update from 04 August 2020 follows below:
The Tamworth AC Committee met this week to review how we approach reopening the facilities in light of feedback from club members along with the latest England Athletics and Government guidance.
As a result of this review we will be lifting some of restrictions that are currently in place for using the club’s facilities. The key points of note are as follows:
- Access to the club’s facilities will remain limited to club members for the time being. New memberships are not being taken at this time.
- Senior club members (18 years and over) will now be allowed solo access to the stadium (i.e. without an accompanying coach) provided that the registration and booking process have been followed and that suitable arrangements are made with a gate key holder to gain access.
- Jump training (i.e. use of the long jump sand pit, high jump and pole vault beds) will now be allowed at the stadium, subject to athletes following the cleaning and hygiene guidance issued by England Athletics. Use of high jump and pole vault beds will be limited to one athlete at a time (with accompanying coach) who must use the booking system to secure a two hour session; to include 30 minutes for disinfecting the equipment either side of a 60 minute training session.
- Arrangements are being made for access to the clubhouse for the use of toilet facilities only when an authorised key holder is on site. This will include the introduction of a signed ‘one-way system’ and additional cleaning equipment.
- The committee has agreed the introduction of cashless payment technology at the club for when we hope to have the clubhouse and front desk reopened – date TBC).
- We are hoping to resume Academy training for younger athletes in September – date TBC and depending on England Athletics and Government guidance at the time.
The Chairman and Committee would like to thank everyone for their continued patience, understanding and support at what are still challenging and uncertain times.
We are very keen to get back to athletics as we know it, but recognising our limited volunteer resources, the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone at the club has and always will be our top priority.
The latest England Athletics guidance can be found here.
The latest guidance from Government can be found here.
Aerial Photography by Nick Perry