New core housing offer for council tenants
The council’s proposal is to provide a better service that is easier to access, costs less, supports those who need it and invests in improvements and new homes. There is a six point plan to do this:
1 A well maintained, affordable and settled property.
2. Digital by choice - an improved 24/7 digital offer for council tenants and leaseholders, but by choice, no one will be made to use the new IT system, you can still use phone, letter, or face to face
3. Supporting those who need it - targeted services for more vulnerable council tenants.
4. A clearer deal for council tenants and leaseholders - being upfront about what the council does and doesn’t do and what’s expected of tenants and leaseholders.
5. Reducing paperwork and bureaucracy - saving money on the council’s costs so more can be spent on the things that matter.
6. Investing in council housing - building more desperately needed new council housing and investing in improving current housing.
Garage removal 102-138
On hold at the moment as it was discovered that the back wall of the garages is actually a retaining wall for the gardens on Red lion Rd
As a result the work will need planning permission and is at the moment being investigated
are still in the process of re-doing the walkway balustrades after a fault was found last year
If you have any problems with your betterhomes work done in the last few years please report it quickly as some things may already be out of the defect period
The Residents Association held its AGM this month, last years committee were re-elected for a further year
Chair Sue Harrison
Vice Chair/ secretary Linda Goodley
members Les Nicholls
Associate member Paul Johnston
SLRA email; email@example.com
SLRA mobile; 07729 017701 Mon to Fri only.
. (not always manned, leave text message)
Housing emergency 0208547 5003 wait for options and choose
. the appropriate one
Housing officers hold a housing surgery weekly in the community centre 11.00am each Thursday for non repair issues, repairs should be reported to the contact centre 0208 547 5003 direct.
However if you have anyquestions