The Pilgrim Way and its occasional meetings
- Draws on the deep wells of orthodox Christian theology and Celtic spirituality
- Has a concern for justice, peace and the integrity of creation.
- Is an affirmation of the importance of lively and theological exploration for all Christians.
- Intended to encourage an ever deepening spirituality.
There has been a recent growing interest in the concept of Pilgrimage.
Increasing numbers of people engage in pilgrimages while the idea of pilgrimage and being 'on the way' is often used to describe the Christian Life.
The theme of the 2016 General Assembly of the Church of Scotland was 'People on the Way'.
Some years ago, we began to explore themes arising from the life of St Cuthbert and Celtic Christianity in general. A loose network of interested folks met every couple of months or so to share in some worship inspired by Celtic traditions and explore some aspects of contemporary Christian life through the lens of some of the lives of Celtic saints and the theses of the Celtic Christianity of our lands. As this loose network of interested people developed, this became known as 'The Pilgrim Way'
It is intended that the aims, ethos and values of this network will include:
- Drawing on the deep wells of orthodox Christian theology and spirituality especially as discovered in the Celtic tradition of these islands.
- A generous, welcoming and open approach which accommodates different and diverse viewpoints and is committed to listening to each other with respect
- A missional and active faith
- A concern for justice, peace and the integrity of creation
- An affirmation of the importance of lively and theological exploration for all Christians
- The encouragement of an ever deepening spirituality
If you or anyone you know, might have an interest in finding out more about the Pilgrim Way, or being part of the email updates and information, or may wish to use the Daily Office, please email the Pilgrim Way firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be added to the 'Pilgrim Way' email list, or contact us through our facebook page.
Please see News page for latest updates