The Way Forward – New Hope Projects
The charitable objects of New Hope are:
- The advancement of the Christian faith, and
- To promote the benefit of the inhabitants of reading, to advance education, and to provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for said inhabitants, by the establishment of a community hall and other facilities for the community's benefit.
In considering future projects for New Hope, we feel we are constrained by the following considerations:
- Assets: Since New Hope has a responsibility to correctly maintain its assets, any new project may not jeopardise any other New Hope projects. Although a not for profit organisation we are also "not for loss". Each project must stand on its own financially.
- Finance: A new project must be feasible in both the build phase and the ongoing management phase, again standing on its own financially. We recognise that the necessary skills for a particular project may not be available from within the New Hope organisation and that these skills may need to be 'bought in'. These costs must be included in the business plan for the project.
- Partnership: Because we believe that real community is best developed by Christian input, each project will be realised in partnership with an existing worshipping Christian group that can provide sufficient resource in terms of finance and people to build a new worshipping body committed to the local community.
- Facilities: Any project must provide the necessary facilities to support activities that meet the immediate and the longer term needs of the local community. These support activities may be provided by New Hope, the local church or by third parties.