You can view and comment on the full plans on the Richmond Council planning portal. Meanwhile, here are some sketches of the proposal
Environment & sustainability
We aim to improve the environment as part of the Pavilion regeneration. If you have an interest in the environment and have some time to help us, please join our environmental committee by clicking here
- We use an Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) to cut down our carbon footprint.
- We include solar electricity generation in our design (on the rain shelter).
- A meadow roof on the new Pavilion to promote biodiversity and create a net gain in wildlife habitat. The green roof will also reduce surface water discharge and contribute to the cooling of the building in summer without the need to use energy.
- As electrical systems (ASHP) are specified to provide space and hot water heating, there are no NOX or particulate matter emissions that would impact on local air quality.
- Low water consuming kitchen taps and other fittings.
- Triple glazing.
- High levels of insulation.
- Good levels of natural daylight will reduce the need for artificial lighting.
- Energy-efficient lighting.