Minutes of Meeting, Tuesday 2nd March 2021

The Parish Council met on Tuesday, 2nd March 2021 7.30 pm via Zoom

 

PRESENT

Chairman: Councillor R. Siddall

Vice-Chairman N. Lawrence

 

Councillors: T. Gritton, J. Hughes, V. Hare, R. White               Also in attendance 3 parishioners

 

310. Apologies for Absence: Councillor Venton and Parish Clerk Collins did not join the meeting,

 

311. To invite Councillors to declare an interest in matters on the Agenda. None were declared

 

312. Minutes 02/02/21

RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Parish Council held on the 2nd of February 2021be approved and confirmed.

 

313. a) Planning decisions received from Maldon District Council: None received

      b) Latest planning applications: None received

    c) Appeals: Little Totham Hall, Church Lane. Demolition of Outbuilding, to turn into an annex. Applied last March, which was refused, applicant went to appeal and won, although it had been passed by North West Planning Committee, on second application.

 

314. Spring clean update was planned to take place on March 27th, but has since been moved to another date in the future, due to Covid social distance rules. A lot of litter has been cleared by two ladies, Louise and Ann, from Tolleshunt Major.

RESOLVED A new date to be set for the spring clean. The Parish Council expressed thanks to Louise and Ann for making the neighbourhood a cleaner place, your efforts have been noticed and are very much appreciated

 

315. Bridges update no progress, due to the ground being far too wet. Peter Hare has offered to use heavy machinery to move the concrete beams into place.

RESOLVED When the ground is dry enough, Councillor Lawrence and Peter Hare will replace the foot bridge

 

316. Memorial Plaque update & fencing around War Memorial There has been no progress on the fencing. There will be three plaques, instead of two.

RESOLVED Chairman Siddall will check the updated plaques for approval.

 

317. Traffic issues and Community Group update there was an article in the Maldon and Burnham Standard, based on the Facebook update, all publicity regarding this is most welcome. The community Group had their first meeting, which was very well attended. Data will continue to be collected, regarding the number of lorries and cars that pass through our village. The possibility of turning the verge along School Road by clearing the edges, is being considered.

Also discussed, a petition may be useful to get certain changes approved.

More people are needed, to get the Community Speedwatch up and running. The hope is that more volunteers will come forward once lockdown is finished.

The last option being considered is to join the 20 is Plenty campaign, this voted as beneficial.

RESOLVED Chairman Siddall will get in contact with our MP Priti Patel, in the hope she will lend her support.

 

318. Owl boxes update The Owl box has now been built.

RESOLVED Councillor Gritton will help Councillor Hughes with the installation, on the chosen Sawyers field site.

 

319. Invoices presented for payment. There were no invoices to be paid

 

320. Correspondence

An email was received from MDC; how many Trucam hours does Little Totham want for April 2021 to March 2022. The decision was that 2 hours a month is enough.

The Parish Council has received an offer to apply for free trees. To do this, some land on The Common would need to be cleared first and fencing will be needed to protect the sapling from the local wildlife. This offer will be given consideration at a later date

 

321. Update from District Councillor

-Bradwell Nuclear Power Station - has been put on hold for 6 - 9 months

-MDC still looking for ideas, to improve the High Street, the ‘Shop Local’ initiative was one positive so far

-MDC now has a policy give contracts to local business, whenever possible

-Barge fees have been halved

-Car parking has not been increased

-Council Tax had a small increase £5 for all band D properties, for the whole year

-Roads and High Street Panel has some spare money to spend over this financial year, this may give an opportunity to get some schemes moving forward. For instance, the application for a speed reduction on Plains Road, will be resubmitted.

-In May, the emergency legislation concerning remote meetings, will run out (it may not be extended, so after May we will have to meet face to face)

 

322. Items for next month’s agenda none raised

 

 

There being no further business the chairman closed the meeting 8.45 pm

 

 

                                                                                   Signed by the Chairman …………………….