Little Downham Village Hall is a Grade 11 listed building built in 1779 originally as the workhouse. It was used as this untill 1850 when it became a mix of boys or girls schools untill 1960. The hall then became unfit for use and stood empty untill 1970, when the village charity repaired and extended it and gave it in trust to the village. It is now managed by a fully constituted committee who meet monthly to ensure the smooth running of the hall, plus raising funds for the necessay maintenance of an 18th Century building.
Situated at the centre of the village and used by many groups including exercise groups, Line dancing, Carpet bowls. Bingo, Youth Theatre Group, Indoor footbal training, Brownies, Guides and Rainbows plus community events, parties, weddings, Christenings and wakes.
We have a fully stocked and staffed bar for events. There is a car park at the rear of the building.
The small meeting room hosts the Book Cafe which is a fully functioning library linked to the main Cambridgeshire Libraries and books can be reserved if not on our shelves. Access to Ancestry is available FREE when the Book Cafe is open on Wednesdays 2pm - 5pm and Fridays 10am - 1pm plus FREE access to public computers. There is an IT Buddy during Book Cafe opening hours to offer FREE advice. Tea, coffee and soft drinks available plus home made cakes. There is a knitting and crochet group meeting at the Book Cafe plus a childrens corner stocked with toys and current childrens books.
The hall has achieved ACRE's prestigious Hallmake Award level 1 and 2 and at present is working towards the highest Award Hallmark 3. Everyone is sure of a warm welcome.
To hire the hall and for more details contact Graham 07887525393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Hall Main Street