The Community Sports Centre at Princes Risborough School is a modern facility with a 5 court sports hall.
- Courts & nets (provided)
- Badminton Racquet (there are some KHBC racquets available for juniors and trial sessions)
- if you use a club racquet please treat it with care & respect and return it at the end of the session
- Sports Shoes with Non-marking Soles (you'll have to bring your own!)
- Shuttlecocks (provided - please take care of shuttles to make them last - see below)
We use goose feather shuttlecocks which are a significant cost to the club, so please take good care of them - follow the tips below!
Everyone wants to play games with a decent shuttle that flies properly, so follow our guide to making your shuttle last longer.
1. Warm up with old shuttles only.
- save new shuttles for the proper game, it's only a warm-up not an Olympic final!
l Looking good! I bet you could go all night if I save you for the game and treat you right.
2. Avoid hitting the feathers (especialy when passing he shuttle between points)
- hitting the feathers instead of the cork is a sure way to ruin the shuttle, so always aim for the pointy end!
This shuttle was heard to say: "I don't want to play any more!" - don't let this be your fault.
3. "Tidy" the feathers between points
- simply straighten the fathers and neaten them up; it's easy and makes them look nice and last longer as well as fly properly.
Good as new again and ready for the next point.