KEYNSHAM IN BLOOM
The name of the organisation shall be the Keynsham In Bloom Community Group.
Correspondence will normally be addressed to the Secretary of the group c/o Keynsham Town Council 15 – 17 Temple Street, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 1HF
Objectives Aims and Purposes
The aim of the group shall be to promote initiatives within the community which improve the environmental presentation of Keynsham for the benefit of residents, businesses and visitors. In particular :-
- To showcase community achievements in Keynsham and promote Horticultural excellence.
- To involve all age groups, faiths, places of worship, schools, allotments, community groups including residential areas, parks and green spaces, local landmarks & local businesses.
- To work with volunteer groups who wish to carry out environmental initiatives that will in turn lead to a cleaner, greener and safer environment for everyone who live, work and visit Keynsham.
- To enhance and improve the visual attraction of the town of Keynsham by encouraging the growth of plants and flowers in gardens. Some of these will be seasonal, however the group will strive to encourage sustainability by way of permanent planting,
- To promote and encourage community involvement through projects, events and competitions and encourage participation by young and old alike.
- To encourage schools to promote the scheme and take an active part wherever possible.
- To encourage and promote the community and “Friends of Groups” to participate in the RHS “It’s Your Neighbourhood Scheme”.
- To encourage businesses to improve the working environment by the addition of floral displays and sustainable planting near to their premises
- In conjunction with the Bath & North East Somerset Council develop a programme of public floral display, identifying areas most suited for treatment.
- To support the ideal of a litter free and graffiti free environment
- To develop public awareness of Keynsham in Bloom and the benefits for residents
- To promote civic pride and community spirit.
- To raise funds through sponsorship and events and submitting applications for funding to appropriate bodies.
- To enter the ‘South West In Bloom’ competition annually.
Membership will be open to everyone who is interested in promoting the objectives of the group, without regards to disability, political or religiousaffiliation, race, sex orsexual orientation. The group will also include a minimum of two councillors from Keynsham Town Council, all of which have an interest in environmental improvements and are interested in helping the group achieve its objectives and are prepared to contribute in a practical way. The group will be open to residents, representatives of any organisation or community group with an interest in environmental improvements in Keynsham that are interested in helping the group achieve its objectives and are prepared to contribute in a practical way. No membership fee is required.
The group shall elect a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary from its group members and as the group is to be Community led, Councillor Members of the group should not take on the role of Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
Membership of any member may be terminated, if it is felt that their continued membership, would in the reasonable view of the group be harmful to Keynsham In Bloom Community Group. This is with the proviso that the member concerned shall have the right to be heard by the group together with person of their choice. Should the member wish to appeal against any decision made by the group the appeal should be heard by the Chair and Vice-Chairma
It is envisaged that the majority of decisions will be taken through reaching a consensus at meetings. However, if a consensus cannot be reached, a majority vote will be taken using a show of hands. Each member shall have one vote, except the Chairman shall have a casting vote if necessary. Decisions will be taken by members at meetings, all members of the group will be entitled to one vote at the AGM and other general meetings.
A bank account shall be opened in Keynsham, in the name of the group. There shall be four signatories nominated from the In Bloom Group, any two of whom shall be required to sign cheques.
The Financial year will run from 1 January each year to 31st December. The accounts will be audited at the end of each financial year.
The Treasurer is required to give a financial report at the AGM which will be held during the month of March each year.
The group will be a not-for-profit group and shall not distribute profits and shall apply all of its income/funds to the furtherance of the group’s objectives.
Meetings of the In Bloom Group
The group will meet at least six times per year with the quorum required for business to be conducted being four members to include one Councillor.
In addition to the minimum six members meetings each year an Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held by the end of March, each year the first being March 2015 with the quorum required for business to be conducted being seven members to include one Councillor- as agreed in the minutes. The date and time of the AGM shall be notified to each member and all organisations at least 10 days before the meeting. The election of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary shall take place annually at the AGM. Additional planning meetings can be held when necessary ahead of any main competitions.
A general meeting of the members shall be called at any time and normally shall meet at agreed periods.
A special general meeting may be called at any time by the group and must be called within 14 days after a written request is confirmed by at least 2/3rds of the group.
Changes to the Constitution
The rules of the organisation may be amended or revoked by a resolution of a two thirds majority of members present at the AGM or an Extraordinary General Meeting called with the full knowledge of all members with at least 10 days’ notice.
The organisation shall be dissolved upon a resolution to that effect passed by a two-thirds majority of those members present and voting at an AGM. Following this resolution the remaining members of the group shall take appropriate action to discharge all debts and liabilities of the group. Any remaining monies once all liabilities have been discharged shall be transferred to Keynsham Town Council to be used for the benefit of Keynsham.