FORP Meeting minutes 16 March 2011
Peter Gay, Peter Bell, John Potter, Jack Jennings, Christine Jennings
Jean Duncan, Pauline Manfield, Annie Hepburn, Peter Turner, Lynda Southall
Lyn Freeman, Mary Cashmore, David Pears, Linda Lord, Colin Madge, Clare Goodwin
Welcome: The Chairman Jack Jennings welcomed members to the March meeting and thanked Sutton United Football Club once again for the use of their facilities.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 16th February 2011:
Peter Bell proposed and Annie Hepburn seconded acceptance of the Minutes of that meeting.
Annie Hepburn reported that no invoices received thus far remained unpaid. A number of invoices have been received in connection with the turf for the statues and their installation at Hollyfield School.
Field Assessment: Ongoing, this report can be submitted at a later date as certain events are ongoing.
Dry Pond: The Chairman reported upon a visit made to the Castle Vale project site, which was a little disappointing, but a further visit would be made to Rookery Park. A discussion followed on funding arrangements that might affect any timescale but this was not a rush project and light clearing by group members can still be undertaken in the meantime.
Site Facility for Older Children: Ongoing.
Bronze Statues: The stainless steel nameplates have been delivered. The Chairman has written to The Mall who have very kindly agreed to purchase the plates for the project. Preferred dates have been selected for the official handover and members will be informed by Email when these are agreed. The commemorative plaque is also ready for installation.
Press Coverage: No developments last month but the Press Officer will inform the local papers and BBC Midlands of the handover event when firm dates and time are known.
Contractors Funding: The smaller litterbins are awaited. The cycle racks have been installed by the children’s playground.
Additional Benches & Picnic Tables:
The timber was ordered and is being delivered on the 17th March. Goodwin builders will undertake construction and installation of the benches and picnic tables. All members are encouraged to seek sponsorship for park benches, as funding will be necessary to complete this project.
Any Other Business:
- The possible extension of the cycle walking route was discussed. A letter has been sent to Graham Lennard requesting an update and a reply is awaited.
- A request was received asking for a cash donation to Sustrans 2, which the group did not feel able to support.
- Access and roadway conditions at the Rectory Road entrance would appear to be subject to the filling of potholes but not a complete resurfacing unless further finance can be found by the CPM in his efforts to assist.
- The Press Officer reported upon the hijacking of a car in the Rectory Road entrance car park, which caused distress to an elderly lady, who was forcibly removed from the vehicle, which was then driven off. The police are collecting evidential tapes from SCCC CCTV in efforts to identify the culprit.
- It was agreed that a vote of thanks be forwarded to Eric Harding who had undertaken the duties of site Webmaster and had now moved on.
6. Committee members will be asked to act as project leaders for existing or new projects likely to be undertaken this coming year.
7. A gravel path has been laid by the work party at Hollyfield Drive entrance.
The meeting closed at 8.30pm.
Date of Next Meeting: 7pm Wednesday 20th April 2011 at SUFC.