ALDI Store Planned for Hazlehead, Countesswells Road
Aldi Stores Ltd are bringing forward a planning application to develop a new discount foodstore at Hazlehead, Countesswells Road, adjacent to the new Dandara housing development. Full details of the scheme can be viewed online at (click on link) www.aldiconsultation.co.uk/hazlehead
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions Aldi are holding an online question and answer session with the development team on: Friday 29th May between 4pm and 7pm. To attend the event or to find out more about the proposals visit the website www.aldiconsultation.co.uk/hazlehead which contains consultation boards with additional information about the development plans and associated timescales.
Aldi are preparing a planning application which will be submitted to Aberdeen City Council
Note that the Aldi private consultation is totally separate from the official Council consultation which will be arranged once the planning application is eventually lodged. It will be important to send comments, objections to the official process and not just Aldi's initial private consultation.
Household waste and recycling centres
Three household waste and recycling centres will reopen 1 June and will operate on a reduced service in response to COVID-19.
The Scottish Government has announced a relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions and from 1 June, visiting a Household Waste and Recycling Centre will be a reasonable excuse to leave home. With that in mind, you should only make a trip if your waste cannot be stored safely at home and no alternative disposal options are available.
- The following restrictions are necessary to protect staff and public, adapt to changing circumstances and deliver essential waste service with reduced resources.
- We’re opening three sites at this time at Hazlehead, Bucksburn, and Tullos to allow visitors and staff to comply with social distancing
- The three sites will operate on normal summer opening hours from 10am to 7.45pm from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 7.45pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The Tullos site is closed on Wednesdays
- Do not visit if you are self-isolating or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Remember to stay 2 metres from staff and other visitors.
- We’re only accepting household general waste, non-electrical bulky waste, garden waste and cardboard. No other materials are being accepted at this time
- Remember to take ID with an address such as a driving licence or bill with you
- No large vans or trailers
- One person per vehicle and you must be able to unload without assistance as staff won’t be able to help
- There will be traffic measures in place and queuing restrictions.
- Expect queues, especially in the morning
Use the calendar or list of months to view entries made on those dates.
- September 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- June 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- November 2017
- August 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- September 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- August 2014
- April 2014
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010