A link from the Resuscitation Council (UK). This is for anyone who finds themselves having to perform CPR/Defibrillation in an out of hospital setting during the current climate. This has been supplied by AJS First Aid Training Services. You can watch a video by following the link below.
It is also advised that you should use the following guide lines:-
- Wear Gloves
- As shown a towel or similar to place over nose mouth !
- When we carry out chest compressions air is released through the nose and mouth in droplet form, thus possible spread of infection, in this case Covid -19
- Remember we are trained as first aiders
- Check Danger, make sure area is safe to proceed
- Do not check air way or breathing
- Shake shoulders in normal manner
- Ask are you alright !
- No response call 999 inform the service of what is taking place and the patient may have Covid 19 follow instructions.