While most of our web site and many of our events are available to the general public, paid-up members can enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Receive a bimonthly newsletter in the form of the committee minutes plus the latest news about the Barton line.
- Elect the officers of the committee.
- Have a say in the running of the society and influence the direction that it takes.
- Embark on particular projects which interest them.
- Be the first to know about our events.
- Participate in events which are exclusive to members and their invited guests
(such as committee meetings, group meals, invitations from the Train Operating Companies).
- Receive priority bookings at our public events.
- Have a chance to voice their concerns.
- Support the local train service.
- Have access to the Society's archive.
- Help defray our expenses.
The membership subscription is currently £5.00 per individual per annum. This is intentionally kept low so that no-one is deterred by the cost while allowing those who wish to make an additional donation. In practice many members contribute up to four times this amount which is a gratifying indication that our work is appreciated.
The subscription is renewable on the 1st July each year but those who join earlier in the same year will not be asked to renew until the July of the following year (i.e. will enjoy up to six months free membership). You can fill in the Application Form on line or request a paper form from the Membership Secretary.
Members' details are stored on a computer and will not be passed on to any third party without the Member's permission.
I do hope that you care enough to support us.