The Resident's Association at The Meres, Barnes, South West London.
We are a small bunch of friendly neighbours committed to making improvements to the way our estate is maintained and to giving residents a stronger platform with which to voice their concerns and opinions. We hope to build stronger community ties, as well as a safer, more pleasant environment for all of us.
Our name, Windermere and Friends, was chosen as, having only a tiny number of officers, we rely on community members supporting us in order to reach as many as possible. We wholeheartedly welcome Queensmere and Grasmere residents.
Our strength is our number. It is YOUR resident's association- and it can only be a strong as the unity and communication between us allow.
In nearly 4 years of running we have
- improved caretaking
- Improved the standard of gardening
- Instigated the renovation of the building and negotiated to have a voice in how it was executed
- New flooring
- New lighting
- Better security
- Vastly reduced antisocial behaviour.
- Community events such as the summer garden party and the Christmas carol singing.
- Sought funding for enhancements to the estate- such as the bench planters and spring bulbs.
- Organised and implemented (and got down on our hands and knees!) for the planting of the bulbs over 2 separate events.
- Sought funding for and instigated the improvement to the shop front with the attractive aggregate resin.
....amongst many, many other day to day issues and improvements that we have handled. We are not affiliated with anyone. We are volunteers using our own time- and we look forward to making even more friends and to seeing more of you come out of your homes to support us; especially at the friendly estate events that we set up for your enjoyment.
Do get involved. It's to the benefit of all of us.
Chair of Windermere and Friends RA