The Scoriton and Buckfastleigh Twinning Association is dedicated to forging links with our French counterparts in Fontaine-Henry, Normandy. The twinning has been running for over 35 years and during that time we have developed close ties with our Norman friends. The association is open to anyone in the local area and a unique opportunity to experience French family life.
Scoriton and Buckfastleigh Twinning Association at a glance:
- We are twinned with Fontaine-Henry in Normandy, a village situated between Caen and the D-Day beaches
- We are keen to promote understanding and friendship between the two communities
- We meet up for a long weekend once a year, alternating between Devon and Normandy
- When in Normandy we are hosted by a French family and then entertain the same family when they visit Devon.
- In subsequent years we are paired with other families so we get to know everyone.
- We run fun events throughout the year for our twinning members
What our twinning can offer you…
- A chance to build lasting friendships with our French friends
- A chance to experience life in a French family – language is no barrier!
- A chance to practise French in a natural situation – ideal for schoolchildren
- A chance to socialise with the local Devon twinners
- A chance to represent the Scoriton and Buckfastleigh community in France
Like to find out more?
Email us at email@example.com or call 01364 642008
Take part in the 2017 French visit!
The 2017 French visit to Scoriton and Buckfastleigh will take place over the August Bank Holiday weekend, August 26th to 28th.
If you would like to join in the fun, and would be keen to host French guests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01364 642008