The Mitcham Society is a community organisation for the Mitcham area of the London Borough of Merton in south London.
- We aspire to make Mitcham a thriving community with diverse shopping and social facilities that serve local people.
- Support and work with other local civic and community groups.
- Monitor local planning issues and get involved when we see the need.
- Work hard to reverse conditions which blight Mitcham town centre and its surroundings.
We meet every two months and often invite speakers to our meetings.
Recent guests have included:
- Caroline Russell, London Assembly Member (Green party) with an interest in air quality.
- Tom Walsh, Sustainable Merton
- David Lofthouse, Arboricultural Manager, Greenspaces, London Borough of Merton
We are a key community partner working with Merton Council on a multi million pound Heritage Lottery Fund grant for The Canons.
If you want to know more send us an email - email@example.com
What's going on in Mitcham right now?