The MILAAP Multi-Cultural Day Centre is a registered Membership Charity, providing day care services for the elderly from multicultural communities living within the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames (RBK), and several neighbouring Boroughs...
As a non-profit organisation, our Charitable Objects include:
(1) the relief of elderly persons, particularly, but not exclusively, elderly persons of Asian origin ~ in need ~ by the provision of a meals service during working weekdays;
(2) the provision of a range of diverse (internal and external events) of activities and recreational recreational in the interests of social welfare for elderly persons;
(3) improving the personal conditions of social life, healthy lifestyles and wellbeing of/for such persons ~ actively helping to reduce social isolation;
(4) the promotion of community cohesion, embedding racial harmony through working in a multi-cultural setting ~ sustaining support to/for each other;
(5) and to increase awareness and understanding between people from different Social, Ethnic, Cultural, Faith and Beliefs backgrounds...
Regularly creating opportunities to reach out to each other overcoming stigma and stereotypes
Treating each other with dignity and respect ~ irrespective of gender, age, class, education, colour, Etc...
Increasing the reputation and protecting the integrity of the MILAAP Multi-Cultural Cebtre for the common good.