Hi Joe,

Wondered if you could advise me on an issue one of our groups raised about their website AgeWatch. They are being tracked by websites that give stats for how many unique visitors there are to their website each month etc:

urlspy.co.uk/www.agewatch.org.uk

urlpulse.co/www.agewatch.org.uk

Neither have an accurate figure (they don't correspond with Voice reports) and if you search for AgeWatch on Google, both websites feature highly on the search.

The group's concerned that people searching for them will not think it's a popular webiste when their unique users are closer to 900 per month. Both websites give html code that you put on your website so that it removes it from their listing. Is it OK to do this and how would we go about doing this - is it something we can do in the CSS template we at KVA designed for them? Or is there anything else you can suggest?

Many thanks in advance,

Sorrel

Posted by Voice Admin on

To be honest I don't think they should worry in any way about what urlspy/urlpulse say. Their traffic stats are just estimates, and they don't actually track the true number of site visitors.

Their published method to remove the site from their system (which involves editing the robots.txt file) is not available to sites on Voice - they cannot edit robots.txt.

When I search for Age Watch or AgeWatch then the site appears as the first link on Google, and I don't see the urlspy/urlpulse sites anywhere at all.

If you are very keen then I will look into it further, though I don't think there's a problem here.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Sorrel Parsons on

I'll pass the message on, thanks Joe.