Posted by Deleted User on

I want to create a member login so I can set permissions to be read-only. If I invite a user to join, I cannot change the permissions until he has joined - mabe too late. is there a way out of this?

Thanks

2: Re: Can I create a Member (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

I'm not entirely clear what you mean, to be honest.

Though you are right, if you invite someone to join then when they do join they'll be part of the Members group, and so get whatever privileges you have assigned to that group.

So you could, for example, set the Members group to be read only.

Once a user is a member of your site you can, if you wish, grant them individual privileges on different areas of the site, or make them an administrator.

Thanks

Voice Admin

3: Re: Can I create a Member (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

As a corrolorary, some of my members have no access to our website. I cannot see them as members, but if I try to add members with the same email it says they already exist. maybe they are registered but not allocated to Abinger Unplugged. Is there a way out of this dilemma?

Phil

4: Re: Can I create a Member (response to 3)
Posted by Voice Admin on

In theory, if you go to the Members page and follow the "Invite others to join" link you can invite others by email address. They will be sent a link and if they follow it then they will become a member of your site (if they already have an account it should make them a member straight away, and if they don't then they'll have to sign up for an account using the same email address that you invited them with.

If this is what you are attempting, but it isn't working, could you give me a bit more detail on what happens and I'll see if I can help further.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin