Posted by Deleted User on

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions, I'll put on seperate posts.

Is there any way to create 'sub-folders' in the images section of 'Assets'?

I have tried using photo albums but find the functionality of a photo album is not as good as simply inserting photos from the Images section as I don't seem to be able to add a photo from an album in to the site using the 'Insert/Edit Image' option.

Does that make sense, and if so am I missing something?

Thanks,

John

Posted by Voice Admin on

No, I'm afraid there's no way to make further folders inside the assets library.

One reason for this is that if you were to move things around then any links to them would no longer work. By simply not allowing people to move them we get around this problem! (crude but effective! :)

I admit that this can mean you end up with a rather large list of images all in the same folder, which isn't ideal.

Regarding the second point - while photo album images don't appear in the pop-up allowing you to easily select the image to insert, you can still add the image to a page:

1. View the image in the photo album. Click the button Show the code to use this image elsewhere. Copy the Image Only code to the clipboard. Past this in the HTML view of your page in the editor (or use the Embed Code button).
  2. Alternatively, for any image at all, if you can find its URL you can add it in the image dialogue box just by pasting its URL.

Hope this helps!

Voice Admin