Hi,

We are constantly getting errors like the one included below when users are trying to browse our website, or when I'm trying to edit content.

When the site is working, it is painfully slow. Can this be fixed? It is making the site unusable most of the time.

Thanks

Becks Compton

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1453992382

Varnish cache server

Posted by Deleted User on

I'm getting the same thing - I thought it was just our internet speed, but it's interesting to find out others are having the same problem. Very frustrating when you're trying to update pages and receive some random message that talks about Gurus and Varnish.

Posted by Voice Admin on

This is a recent problem which I think is due to misbehaving web robots trying to index pages of the system that don't exist, and causing excessive database load.

I've made a change which I think will help (it catches these invalid requests and redirects the robot somewhere more sensible).

I hope that this should have a positive effect on the performance, and thus also get rid of the 503 errors.

If the problem persists please do post on here again about it and I will investigate further.

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Voice Admin on

OK, I can see this hasn't helped as much as I'd hoped.

We'll continue to work on it, and hopefully those 503s will go away soon!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by Voice Admin on

I think performance should be good now. Site should be faster and 503s should be a thing of the past.

Please let me know how you get on!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin