Posted by DaveP on

Hi,

As I understand things when I publish a new page on a site hosted by Voice an email notification goes out to all members of the site for whom notifications are enabled.

Is there any way in inhibiting this? If not would it be possible to add one?

Normally notifications make sense when adding new content to a site, but sometimes I want to make organisational changes to the site, perhaps splitting one page into three and I dont want to tell the users if there is really nothing new to look at.

What I am looking for might be a "Save & Publish Silently" button next to "Save" and "Save & Publish".

Have I missed a feature somewhere or is this something that would be useful to others?

Many thanks

Dave

2: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

We're looking at making some changes to notifications from the CMS soon. This will include better control over when a notification is sent, and what is in it.

More likely I think it'd be a checkbox that you'd enable to specifically choose to send a notification to users for the piece of content that you're publishing.

Joe

3: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 2)
Posted by DaveP on

Thanks Jo,

That sounds really positive. 

Incidentally I posted a bug relating to notifications on updates to an FAQ. I am not now sure that this was in response to the update. I had earlier created an FAQ in my test site and it could, on reflection, have been a delayed notification from that.

Many thanks

Dave

5: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 3)
Posted by SVH_Webmin on

Hi Joe,

Thanks. Been something been asking Central Bedfordshire Council for a while. It would make sense to have a little bit mre control.

Cheers,

James

4: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 2)
Posted by Deleted User on

We too would be very happy to have a bit more control over who gets what notifications.

On this tack, I've recently set up a private area of our site, but don't seem to be getting notifications about updates. I checked my notification preferences but there isn't a separate tickbox for this area. 

Thanks

6: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 2)
Posted by DaveP on

Hi Joe,

Happy New Year,

Is this issue any nearer the top of the pile please. It really would be helpful to have some control over whether email notifications are sent. 

Many thanks

Dave

7: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 2)
Posted by josi51 on

I am currently moving some pages around within the website and, each time the amended page goes live, all our members get an email telling them there is a new page.

Any nearer to being able to stop this happening?

8: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 1)
Posted by Voice Admin on

I just added this feature to the CMS, so you can choose whether or not a notification is sent for new content.

Sorry it took so long!

Thanks

Joe

publish-notification

9: Re: New Page Notifications (response to 8)
Posted by SVH_Webmin on

Joe,

Love the new feature! At last!

THANK YOU!!!

Any chance of customising the email that is sent out in relation to news items and page updates to include a logo or custom message?

Posted by Voice Admin on

Currently there's no way to change the logo in the notification.

However any text that you add into the "Teaser" portion of the page will be sent in the notification so you could include a short custom message in there telling your members what the page is about.

Thanks

Joe

Posted by SVH_Webmin on

Hi Joe,

I note there is an option called "email" in the Users and Permissions area.

Is it possible to add a set of standard "templates" within this option? This would allow the ablilty to add a "custom" email to the system.

There could be an option to "reset" back to standard emails if required (or a std one deleted in error)?

Is this a possible solution?