Posted by Deleted User on

When not on the Home page, if I hover the mouse arrow over one of the tabs across the top of the page, a drop down menu appears. When I try to select an item below the first 1 or 2, the drop down disappers and I cannot select it. This works ok on the Home page.

Our website is SWLEN.org.uk and I am using Windows 7 and IE 10.

Thanks, Clive Messenger

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Clive,

Our support team have been using IE10 (with operating systems including windows 7) and haven't been able to reproduce the problem you've reported. They have been able to use the menus as expected.

Can you confirm exactly which page you are viewing when the problem happens and also which menu item you are trying to use or which one exhibits the problem you've discussed. With that information we should be able to take a closer look for you.

Regards,

Cambridge Open Systems Support Team

Hi,

I can't add much more to what I said. This happens on any page except Home. It is best demonstrated on a page with several items in the drop down menu, e.g. "Help for a Group". As the mouse arrow moves down the list, it suddenly disappears as it moves from the 3rd, "Legal advice" to the 4th item, "Governance", making it impossible to select that item or any below it.

It is hard to demo the problem unless you can take control of my computer and see for yourself.

If you prefer to email me direct, please use clive.messenger@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks, Clive

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Clive,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having the problems. Could you try two things to help me understand the problem further.

1) Could you try changing the size of your browser to see if the location of the menu you are trying to select from makes a difference

2) Could you carry out the same tests on a different computer, ideally not in the same office or on a laptop.

and post the results back to this forum. That should help us to understand the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Voice Support Team

Hi,

1. If you mean enlarging the screen by using Ctrl +, then that makes no difference.

2. I used another PC, also a laptop, and did not have the problem.

Thanks, Clive 

Posted by Joe Oldak on

Hi Clive,

I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure we can help with this problem. As the site is displaying correctly in our (and other end users) IE10/Windows 7 setups then I can only assume it is a specific problem associated with the original machine you were testing with. 

If you can provide us more information that enables us to reproduce the problem on our local installations then we could re-look at the issue but we can't really move forward without the ability to see the problem ourselves.

Please let us know if you do find more information.