Posted by Deleted User on

I am trying to upload some files into Asset library>Documents

After a few files uploaded, old files get overwritten with new

Is there a limit on total size of asset library?

Thanks

Posted by Voice Admin on

There's no total size limit, though there is a 20MB limit on each individual file.

Can you give an example of where one file has overwritten another? I've never known this to happen in many years of using it!

It is possible to purposefully "overwrite" an existing asset by uploading a new revision of it, so if you've found it happening then do ensure that you are adding a new asset rather than accidentally uploading a new revision of an existing one!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Hi Joe

I emptied the library to start again

I uploaded 4 files into Assets>Documents successfully

I upload another file - I still have 4 files but the last one has the Name of the 4th file with the link to the 5th file

I was absolutely sure I had the correct Name against each files - seems a bit weird

Phil

Posted by Voice Admin on

I suspect therefore that you accidentally uploaded a new file as a revision of a previously uploaded asset (using the Edit tab for the asset), rather than adding it as a new asset. This has the effect of putting a new file at an existing asset's URL, which sounds like what has happened.

So if you look at those four files, you'll see that under the Publishing tab for the last one, there are two revisions of this file, each which is a different piece of music.

You can use the Publishing tab to republish the previous version of this file (and so the file and URL will match), and then re-add "killing me softly" as a new asset.

I hope this helps

Joe - Voice Admin

That seems to be it, Joe - thanks

Phil