Posted by josi51 on

I have just set up a weblog (renamed Community Blog - Ellerton & Aughton Community Webpage) but I don't seem to have the option on this particular page to stop my users publishing directly.

I have made the page available only to members of the site but I would like to have administrators as moderators of blog content. I can do this on other pages, why not this one?

Jo

Posted by Voice Admin on

If you go to your site's admin pages then go to the Content Management tab, and select the Applications subtab, you can click on the Permissions button next to Community Blog and turn off the ability for members to contribute.

Any user (or group of users) with Contribute privilege will be allowed to add content to the blog.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by josi51 on

Thanks Joe but what I really wanted was for members to contribute to the blog but for their contribution to come to the administrator (as moderator) first before allowing it to go live on the website.

Jo

Posted by Voice Admin on

I'm afraid there's no app which currently provides this sort of editor/publisher workflow.

Adding it to the weblog/noticeboard would seem like quite a sensible suggestion though. I'll add it to the list - though don't hold your breath as we're very busy on quite a few projects just at the moment!

Thanks

Joe - Voice Admin

Posted by josi51 on

Cheers!

Jo