Colton is a small village of around 700 inhabitants just over a mile north of Rugeley on the B5013 Uttoxeter Road which passes close to Abbots Bromley (of Horn Dance fame).
Between Colton and Abbots Bromley is Blithfield Reservoir, a storage reservoir for South Staffordshire Water. It was officially opened by the Queen Mother in 1953 who travelled by train to Rugeley Trent Valley station in the Parish of Colton for the occasion.
There is a regular train service between Stafford, Rugeley, Cannock, Walsall and Birmingham. There are also regular services to London (Euston)
Between Colton and Stafford on the A513 is Shugborough Hall (NT) , Lichfield with its Dr. Johnson connections and the beautiful Cathedral lies 8 miles South of Rugeley on the A51.
Colton Parish Council - next meeting 8 February 2018 at 7.00pm in the Bellamour Room. Public welcome to attend. See Council page for Agenda and Minutes of previous meetings. The Annual Assembly was held on 13 April in the Village Hall at 7.00pm.
Parish Council Meetings are open to the public with a short section at the beginning for Public Participation.
Please look on the Events Calendar page for upcoming events - please support the village and its societies.