ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION
CONSTITUTION: The Association has a constitution, its main aims being to improve the lives of tenants and residents of Chelford & surrounding area. It is a not for profit, voluntary organisation which has no paid officers. Although its main members/attendees are older persons the Association works with all the community and all are welcome in its aims of creating a vibrant local community.
MEMBERSHIP: Is open to all the community with no charge. Some of our activities have a small charge to cover the costs eg our Lunch Clubs, Afternoon Teas, Coach Trips
WHAT ACTIVITIES WE UNDERTAKE:
- We provide support, advice and representation for our members and the community on local issues and problems.
- We provide intergenerational activities with our local primary school
- We work with partner agencies eg Age UK, local medical practice, Cheshire East & Parish Council, Peaks & Plains Housing Trust
- We encourage volunteer opportunities including NEETS and unemployed
- We seek to improve the local community and improve people's lives
SOME OF OUR ACHEIVEMENTS:
- New community aerials, gas supply to properties (to prevent fuel deprivation, as properties were all electric), lobby against cuts in bus services, additional parking for older/disabled residents, improvements in our community & homes
- Social activities: lunch club, afternoon teas, quiz nights, bingo, card making sessions, monthly coach outings, garden party, Christmas Meal with cabaret (free to attendees), nail painting/manicure, annual holiday and weekend theatre breaks (we arrange these ourselves to get the best prices for our members!), communal spring bulb planting
- Health activities: all of our activities help prevent loneliness and social isolation, particularly in older persons (we have active 90 year olds attending!). We also have Age UK Exercise to Music and Age UK "Live Music Now" weekly sessions which we started this year.