Tenants and Residents Association
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION
CONSTITUTION: The Association has a constitution, its main aims being to improve the lives of tenants and residents of Chelford & surrounding area. It is a not for profit, voluntary organisation which has no paid officers. Although its main members/attendees are older persons the Association works with all the community and all are welcome in its aims of creating a vibrant local community.
MEMBERSHIP: Is open to all the community with no charge. Some of our activities have a small charge to cover the costs eg our Lunch Clubs, Afternoon Teas, Coach Trips
WHAT ACTIVITIES WE UNDERTAKE:
- We provide support, advice and representation for our members and the community on local issues and problems.
- We provide intergenerational activities with our local primary school
- We work with partner agencies eg Age UK, local medical practice, Cheshire East & Parish Council, Peaks & Plains Housing Trust
- We encourage volunteer opportunities including NEETS and unemployed
- We seek to improve the local community and improve people's lives
SOME OF OUR ACHEIVEMENTS:
- New community aerials, gas supply to properties (to prevent fuel deprivation, as properties were all electric), lobby against cuts in bus services, additional parking for older/disabled residents, improvements in our community & homes
- Social activities: lunch club, afternoon teas, quiz nights, bingo, card making sessions, monthly coach outings, garden party, Christmas Meal with cabaret (free to attendees), nail painting/manicure, annual holiday and weekend theatre breaks (we arrange these ourselves to get the best prices for our members!), communal spring bulb planting
- Health activities: all of our activities help prevent loneliness and social isolation, particularly in older persons (we have active 90 year olds attending!). We also have Age UK Exercise to Music sessions!