Charndon Parish Council has a vacancy for CLERK TO THE PARISH COUNCIL (and responsible Finance Office)
This is a part-time, paid role, between 6-7 hours per week. The Council meets six times a year, with additional meetings held occasionally. All meetings are in the evening, and the rest of the work will be done from home.
Your responsibilities will include acting as the Council’s financial officer, organising meetings, taking and producing minutes, liaising with outside bodies, researching and advising on procedures and other issues, and actioning the Council’s decisions.
Full training will be given with a handover period if required. Laptop and printer will be provided.
Salary according to experience.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact our Parish Clerk for further details.More Information »
Charndon Parish Council has a vacancy for PARISH COUNCILLOR
Are you interested in local current affairs? Do you want to serve your Community? Could you help to provide a voice for residents?
Then come and join us...
This position is only open to people that either live in the Parish of Charndon or within 3 miles of the Parish boundary or those that work or own land within the parish.
The term of office will run until the next ordinary elections in May 2019.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities include:
- To attend Parish Council meetings.
- To take part in meetings and form sound judgements based on what is best for the community and then abide by majority decisions.
- To participate constructively in the government of the Parish Council.
- To participate fully in the formation and scrutiny of the Parish Council’s policies, budgets and strategies.
- To represent effectively the interests of the parish and deal with Parishioners’ enquiries, representations and complaints.
If you are interested in working with us please contact our Parish Clerk for further details.More Information »