Standard Conditions of Hire
For the purposes of these conditions the terms ‘HIRER’ or ‘Hirers’ shall mean an individual HIRER or where the HIRER is an organisation, the authorised representative. The term ‘COMMITTEE’ shall mean the Burton upon Stather Village Hall management COMMITTEE. The term ‘PREMISES’ shall mean any of the Village Hall buildings and any land thereof. If the HIRER is in any doubt as to these meanings or of any of the following rules, an officer of the COMMITTEE should be immediately consulted.
1. The HIRER will, during the period of this hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the PREMISES, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety of damage however slight, or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the PREMISES, whatever their capacity.
2. The HIRER shall not use the PREMISES for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub hire to any other party. The PREMISES shall not be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way. They shall not cause or do anything, or bring into the PREMISES anything which may endanger the same, or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof, nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor without the permission of the COMMITTEE.
3. The HIRER shall declare on booking if alcohol is to be provided so that the COMMITTEE can ensure that the relevant licensing will be obtained.
4. The HIRER shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the PREMISES in contravention of the laws to betting, gaming and lotteries.
5. The HIRER shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the PREMISES by fire, police and local authorities, magistrate’s courts or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or similar public entertainment or stage plays, (contact an officer of the COMMITTEE if further details are required).
6. The HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food, health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
7. The HIRER shall insure that any electrical appliances brought onto the PREMISES and used there shall be safe, in good working order, and used in a safe manner. They must comply with all relevant and current electrical legislation and regulations.
8. The HIRER shall indemnify the COMMITTEE for the cost or repair or replacement of any damage done to any part of the property including the cartilage thereof or the contents of the building(s) which may occur during the period of the hiring, as a result of the hiring. Likewise, the HIRER shall be liable if any property left on the PREMISES causes any of the above, unless it can be shown that it is not the fault of the HIRER or the property.
9. If the HIRER wishes to cancel the event or booking before the hiring date and the COMMITTEE is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of payment, or repayment of the deposit shall be at the discretion of the COMMITTEE.
10. For the hiring purposes all the rules set out on the ‘Hiring Charges’ posters that are displayed in the main hall, the main notice board, and the outside notice board of the PREMISES are deemed to be part of these rules. Further copies of these mentioned rules can be obtained for ‘viewing only’ from an officer of the COMMITTEE.
11. The HIRER shall ensure that the minimum amount of noise is made on arrival and departure of all persons using the PREMISES, being mindful of the close proximity of nearby residential properties.
12. The HIRER shall ensure that no animals onto or into the PREMISES, except in the following circumstances If that animal is registered and used by a person with disabilities and is required to act as an aid to assist that person If there are dog training classes, and the COMMITTEE has given permission for the same If there are any animal/bird shows, and the COMMITTEE has given permission for the same If an animal is to be used during the performance of a play, or any act (e.g. magician) and the COMMITTEE has given permission for the same In any case, any current legislation or regulations that are in force regarding animals in any way must be strictly adhered to.
13. Any keys in the possession of organisations using the PREMISES shall comply fully with the contents of the document entitled, ‘RULES FOR ORGANISATIONS AND KEY HOLDERS’, which they should have signed and which they should have a copy of the same. Keys loaned to Hirers for private events will comply at all times with the following. The keys remain the property of the COMMITTEE at all times, and can be demanded back from the HIRER should the need arise Keys will be handed to the HIRER before the hiring period at a time at the discretion of the booking secretary, and must be returned to the booking secretary immediately after the end of the hiring period, or as soon as practicable The keys must not be loaned or given to any other person or persons AT ANY TIME The keys must only be used for the sole purpose of the hire Please take good care of these keys. Any loss must be reported to the COMMITTEE immediately, who in turn has to report the loss to the insurance company. This may mean changing the lock(s) and key(s) AT YOUR EXPENCE, at the discretion of the COMMITTEE
14. At the end of the hiring period the HIRER shall be responsible for leaving the PREMISES and surround in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless instructed otherwise. Any contents temporarily removed from their normal and usual position must be properly replaced, otherwise the COMMITTEE shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
15. The COMMITTEE reserve the right to cancel any hiring in the event of the PREMISES being required for the use as a polling station for a parliamentary or local government election or bye election, or when the PREMISES cannot be used for reasons beyond the control of the COMMITTEE, the HIRER shall be entitled to a refund of any monies already paid.
16. In the event of the hall or any part thereof being subsequently rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the COMMITTEE shall not be liable to the HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
17. The HIRER shall ensure that any activities for children under 8 years of age comply with the provisions of the children and young persons acts of 1933 and 1989 and any subsequent and similar acts and amendments where children and young persons of any age are involved
18. Commercial hiring (Special conditions) Although at the date hereof no other person or body requires or has expressed a desire to use the PREMISES for commercial use at the said date/time (stated), the COMMITTEE reserves the right in the event of a subsequent application for a hiring on the said date/time (stated) being received from a person or body not engaged in any commercial activity, to terminate the agreement by not less than (7) days notice in writing. The COMMITTEE undertake to refund to the HIRER such monies as have been paid by the HIRER to the COMMITTEE for that particular hire, but no further monies will be paid by the COMMITTEE to the HIRER for any actual or presumed loss of trading profit or any other cause.